- (1) University of Copenhagen, grid.5254.6, KU
- (2) Author to whom any correspondence should be addressed.
- (3) Institute of Nuclear and Particle Physics, N.C.S.R., 'Demokritos', 153 10 Agia Paraskevi, Greece
- (4) National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, grid.5216.0
- (5) Submitted to Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical: Quantum integrability and quantum groups: a special issue in memory of Petr P Kulish
We study tree level one-point functions of non-protected scalar operators in the defect CFT, based on SYM, which is dual to the SO(5) symmetric D3–D7 probe brane system with non-vanishing instanton number. Whereas symmetries prevent operators from the SU(2) and SU(3) sub-sectors from having non-vanishing one-point functions, more general scalar conformal operators, which in particular constitute Bethe eigenstates of the integrable SO(6) spin chain, are allowed to have non-trivial one-point functions. For a series of operators with a small number of excitations we find closed expressions in terms of Bethe roots for these one-point functions, valid for any value of the instanton number. In addition, we present some numerical results for operators with more excitations.